Father Bill’s & MainSpring is committed to ending and preventing homelessness in Southern Massachusetts with programs that provide emergency and permanent housing and help people obtain skills, jobs, housing, and services. We help people who are struggling with homelessness or are at risk of homelessness to achieve self-sufficiency.
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is a growing and dynamic social service agency with particular expertise in emergency and permanent housing, job training and placement, and prevention services for individuals and families in need. Over the next five years, our strategic focus includes an increase in affordable, permanent supportive housing, a more efficient model of care for families experiencing homelessness, commitment to an enhanced delivery model to reduce the need for shelter, and improved community relations in order to achieve these goals. Our staff are thoughtful and caring individuals who share our passion for these ideals and creative approaches to helping people improve their lives.
We offer a generous benefits package and a comprehensive orientation and training program, as well as ample opportunities for advancement for qualified individuals who show a commitment to our Mission.
The position is full-time and requires 5 -7 years of comparable experience, a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting and CPA preferred. The role reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer. This key position in the agency is the anchor of the Finance team ensuring all deliverables are timely and accurate, maintaining and developing a focused and efficient team, ensuring smooth day to day operations within the department and leading the team to support the overall mission of the Agency. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter possessing solid leadership, communication and technical skills with successful prior management experience and strong ethics. The ability to maintain professionalism and composure and prior work experience in a non-profit environment is required.
- Ensure all deliverable issued by the team, including but not limited to financial statements, cash reports, funder contracts and related invoices, vendor payments and audit packages are timely and accurate
- Supervise, develop and lead the Finance Team
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the department
- Ensure compliance with department internal controls and updates thereto
- Maintain strong and effective relationships with agency teams to facilitate seamless reconciliations and submission of other information to Finance
- Maintain strong and effective relationships with banks, lenders, funders, vendors and agency partners
- Lead and coordinate audits and tax returns with outside auditors
- Deep involvement in contract management as related to funder contracts
- Prepare and present annual agency budget
- Prepare and present financial statements
- Work with IT consultant and accounting platform consultant to ensure accounting platform is operating efficiently and effectively
Skills & Competencies:
- Empathy: An understanding and empathy for those dealing with homelessness and related issues.
- Professionalism: Maintains the highest level of professionalism in the delivery of services, building of relationships, collaboration with co-workers, and representation of Father Bill’s & MainSpring within the organization and the community.
- Communication: Speaks appropriately in positive and/or negative conversations with supervisors, co- workers, volunteers, donors and constituents; articulates the goals of Father Bill’s & MainSpring.
- Record-Keeping: Routine clerical or record-keeping incidental to the essential responsibilities of the job (including, but not limited to, data entry and case file updates).
- Job Knowledge: Possesses the practical and technical knowledge required on the job.
- Attendance: Acceptable overall attendance record, consistently at work and on time.
- Reliability: Relied upon regarding task completion and follow-up. Follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Initiative: Seeks out new assignments and is willing to be flexible with additional duties.
- Adherence to Policy: Follows safety and workplace expectations, regulations and processes as defined in the Employee Handbook.
- Work Ethic: Demonstrates a commitment to the Mission and adheres to the Operating Principles of Father Bill’s & MainSpring and works as part of a team toward a common goal.
- Safety & Security: Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Travel: Local travel may be required. Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
- Physical Demands: The demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to verbally convey detailed information or important instructions or ideas accurately or quickly. Must be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information. Average visual acuity is necessary.
How to Apply:
Father Bill’s & MainSpring has retained CLA Professional Search to assist with this recruitment. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. Other duties as assigned may be part of the job.
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is an equal opportunity employer.