POSITION AVAILABLE: Financial Analyst – Research Finance ORGANIZATION
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global, experiential, research university built on a tradition of engagement with the world, creating a distinctive approach to education and research. The university offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools, and select advanced degrees at graduate campuses in Charlotte, North Carolina, Seattle, Silicon Valley, and Toronto.
The Research Finance Department (RF) is responsible for the fiscal management of grants and contracts in accordance with government regulations, donor requirements, and University policy. RF establishes new grants and analyzes and processes financial data within the Banner general ledger. RF is also responsible for drawing funds from letter of credit agencies, issuing invoices to donors, and cash collections. RF prepares and submits financial reports as required by the sponsor.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Research Finance, the Financial Analyst will be based in Boston, manage multiple tasks and be able to adjust to changing priorities and assist in other areas as needed. S/he must be committed to providing professional, prompt, and courteous service to Principal Investigators, Departmental Administrators, and Sponsoring Agencies and to work collaboratively.
- Prepare invoices and financial reports for federal and other funding agencies, work closely with the Sponsored Account Analyst and the Research Finance team on award closeouts, and provide financial and administrative oversight to assigned account portfolio of university sponsored activity.
- Coordinate with the appropriate department and project staff to ensure appropriate administrative and financial requirements are met.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, Public Administration or related field required. MBA or other related master’s degree preferred.
- Two years of experience working within a university business office OR with federal and non- federal grants and contracts in a post-award environment is required.
- Working knowledge of major grant administration policies is recommended.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, plus Interpersonal, organization, critical thinking and decision making ability are required.
- Familiarity/experience with other federal funding agencies (ONR, NASA, DOE, etc.), Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and major foundations desired.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel required.
- Familiarity with Banner or another accounting system a plus.
- Ability to independently analyze accounting transactions and reconcile financial information required.
- Ability to independently identify, diagnose and solve problems using sound judgment and decision-making abilities required.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applicants should send a cover letter and résumé by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; be sure to note “Northeastern Financial Analyst” in the subject line and tell us how you learned of this opportunity.
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.