Annual give required?
Minimum give amount (if required):
Anytown, a non-profit organization in Arizona, seeks new members to join our Board of Directors who are committed to educating, embracing and empowering leaders to promote social change.
You can help Anytown continue to advance its mission! Anytown is in a time of transition, growth and transformation and we need an energetic and visionary leader(s) who can deploy an equity and racial justice based lens to all the work we do and help take the work of Anytown to the next level. With a new roadmap ahead of us, and many new initiatives on the horizon, Anytown needs and welcomes the passion, dedication, and commitment of its members on the Board of Directors.
We are currently soliciting applications for membership. If elected, board members serve for two years starting in 2022 and continuing until 2024.
Anytown has a deep commitment to shared leadership, transparency, authentic relationship building, opportunities for growth, self-care, and wellness – all of which lead to a governing board culture that is positive, supportive, and infused with gratitude and celebration. In service to our young people, we are searching for individuals who align and contribute to promoting these values.
Anytown Leadership Program, Inc. does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion (creed), gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. In order to represent the diverse youth and communities that we serve, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), people who have been socialized and/or identify as women, people in historically or systemically oppressed faith groups, LGBTQ folks, and specifically Black trans and nonbinary folks are strongly encouraged to apply.
Anytown Board Members will steer the organization towards a sustainable future by adopting sound ethical and legal governance, financial management policies, and strategic program advancement. The ability to further the mission to educate, embrace and empower leaders to promote social change is integral to the position.
To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
– Previous board experience preferred
– Willingness to persuade and influence the public and/or private sector(s) on issues relating to Anytown
– Have the ability to utilize and understand financial reports in order to adopt and monitor the annual operating budget to protect the assets of Anytown
– Develop financial resources to achieve organizational goals; includes recruiting financial supporters (both individuals and businesses)
– Be an ambassador for Anytown in the community/believe in our mission and programs
Board Governance: Responsible for serving as Anytown Camp Leadership in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the ALP Board of Directors;
– Regularly attend board meetings and related committee meetings. Participation in discussion with other directors in formal and informal settings
– Shares input in the planning and development of subsequent Anytown programs.
Recruitment: Sharing in the responsibility for the constant task of delegate recruitment.
– Leverages community connections and social media to support delegate recruitment;
– Mobilize volunteer staff to support in delegate recruitment through social media campaigns, events and/or connecting them with recruitment materials necessary to promote camp.
Fundraising: Sharing in the responsibility for the fiscal integrity of ALP
– Assist with fundraising efforts put forth by Anytown Leadership and ALP’s Board of Directors necessary to support ALP’s mission;
– Ensure maximum resource utilization, maintaining fiscal responsibility when determining program needs.
All board members are required to meet an annual Give-Get and to be an ambassador for our program within their personal and professional networks.
Apply at: https://hipaa.jotform.com/AnytownLeadershipProgram/board-of-directors
Position posted: 01/31/2022