Executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
Annual give required?
Minimum give amount (if required):
The board supports the work of Atlantic Symphony Orchestra and provides mission-based leadership, strategic governance, and strategic planning and any needed follow through. While day-to-day operations are led by ASO’s chief executive officer (CEO), the board-CEO relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the board is both critical and expected. We are a working board.
Specific board member responsibilities include:
• Leadership, governance, oversight, strategic partnership, and strategy implementation when needed
• Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as they develop and implement ASO’s strategic plan
• Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by ASO for evaluating ASO’s impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
• Approving ASO’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
• Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the CEO
• Assisting the CEO and board chair in identifying and recruiting other board members
• Partnering with the CEO and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
• Serving on committees or task forces and/or taking on special assignments
• Representing ASO to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
• Ensuring ASO’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities ASO serves
Position posted: 08/14/2020