Reporting to the Senior Grants and Contracts Financial Manager (SGCFM) and to the Director of Revenue Integrity (DORI), the Revenue and Grant Analyst assists the (SGCFM and DORI) to perform financial, pre and post-award management, and third-party revenue analysis duties in the Revenue Department. The Revenue and Grant Analyst is responsible for assisting in financial reporting and record-keeping, including preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports in third-party and grant revenue, and coordination of any required GL reclassifications.
About Codman Square Health Center
Codman Square Health Center (CSHC) is a community-based, community focused outpatient health care and multi-service center in the heart of Dorchester. CSHC opened its doors in 1979 with a dream: to build the best urban community in America. As part of this dream, they recognized that though health care begins by alleviating sickness, the journey to a true “culture of health” is achieved through the health of the whole person and the whole community. The two-physician staff that summer of 1979 may have been small, but the commitment to the community was deep and the vision optimistic.
Today, with annual revenue close to $35M, CSHC is home to a staff of over 300 multi-lingual and multi-cultural expert clinicians, medical staff and employees, most of whom reside in the neighborhoods surrounding Codman Square. The organization boasts more than 110,000 client contacts each year, and has developed an astounding depth and breadth of community programs, as well as strong partnerships with other organizations in order to meet its mission most efficiently.
Codman Square Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and receives federal support through its designation as a Section 330 community health center. For more information, visit: www.codman.org.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Director of Revenue Integrity, the Revenue and Grant Analyst will:
- Reconcile third-party billing and collection and prepare month-end close procedures
- Review accountant’s cash work paper to ensure cash receipts are consistent with payment applied by vendor
- Generate reports for third-party revenue cycle and analyze third-party denials and adjustments for early intervention to ensure maximization of revenue
- Generate third-party revenue report for revenue analysis and report key performance indicators on monthly basis
- As delegated, meet regularly with managers regarding their third-party revenue and provider productivity
Under the director of the Senior Grants and Contracts Financial Manager, the Revenue and Grants Analyst will:
- Maintain grant budget monitoring and tracking process
- Prepare and support grant manager in preparation of grant filings
- Gather and analyze all necessary supporting documents to support reimbursement requests; prepare reimbursement requests
- Assist grant billing and monitor grant receipts
- Review and approve expenditures for funding availability, accounting accuracy, adequate background documentation, and program relevance and allocation
- Prepare and document ledger entries to maintain grant activity accounts
- Communicate with other departments as needed for resolution of errors that are identified in the contract and grant reporting
- Work with and provide orientation and training sessions with financial, programmatic, and administrative personnel to ensure mutual understanding of grant and contract requirements, as well as internal policies and procedures
- As delegated, meet regularly with program managers regarding their grant portfolios
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of schedules for the Uniform Guidance audit and assist with funder-specific grant audits and desk reviews
- Ensure grant revenue and expenses are posted to the proper accounts and cost centers on a contemporaneous basis and in an efficient manner; ensure use of payroll allocations, where suitable, and ensure timely adjustments to ensure proper grant costing, as needed
- Develop and implement the proper and timely completion of time and effort reporting by staff assigned to grants that require such documentation to ensure compliance with grant guidelines; ensure that the reported costs conform to the staff-prepared documentation
- The Revenue and Grant Analyst needs to understand the policies and procedures to be adhered to in order to meet grant requirements and where appropriate, provide strong analytical ability in analyzing the third-party reimbursement issues and to help identify policies and procedures that any new processes will require
- Through knowledge of health care grant accounting, including thorough understanding of Uniform Guidance rules and regulations
- Experience in EPIC /OCHIN
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in health care third-party revenue cycle, including hands-on experience in accounting
- Advanced MS Excel skills including look up and pivot tables
- BS /MS degree in Health Care finance/ accounting
- Business Objects (Crystal, SQL and Clarity) reporting experience is preferred
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter directly to email@example.com describing their qualifications, interests, AND ability to meet the responsibilities. Be sure to put “Revenue and Grant Analyst” in the subject line and review the website, www.codman.org, before applying. No phone calls please.
We represent an equal opportunity employer and seek qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, marital status, or sexual orientation. Codman serves a diverse population. Applicants who have a multicultural background and/or bilingual are encouraged to apply. CSHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V encouraged to apply
# # #