Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant is responsible for processing cash receipts and for day-to-day administration of general ledger entries.
ABOUT CODMAN SQUARE HEALTH CENTER
Codman Square Health Center (CSHC) is a community-based, community focused outpatient health care and multi-service center in the heart of Dorchester. CSHC opened its doors in 1979 with a dream: to build the best urban community in America. As part of this dream, they recognized that though health care begins by alleviating sickness, the journey to a true “culture of health” is achieved through the health of the whole person and the whole community. The two-physician staff that summer of 1979 may have been small, but the commitment to the community was deep and the vision optimistic.
Today, with annual revenue close to $35M, CSHC is home to a staff of over 300 multi-lingual and multi-cultural expert clinicians, medical staff and employees, most of whom reside in the neighborhoods surrounding Codman Square. The organization boasts more than 110,000 client contacts each year, and has developed an astounding depth and breadth of community programs, as well as strong partnerships with other organizations in order to meet its mission most efficiently.
Codman Square Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and receives federal support through its designation as a Section 330 community health center. For more information, visit: www.codman.org.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Obtain Registration Representatives’ envelopes and Manager’s Summary EPIC cash reports each morning and process daily cash collections/receipts.
- Process patient, grant and third-party check payments received via mail and categorize checks by type.
- Obtain daily bank activity statement(s) and process EFT credits.
- Prepare entry for GL posting of all daily cash (and cash equivalents) receipts to appropriate accounts and cost centers including miscellaneous debit transactions.
- Maintain Cash Recording Worksheet file from which GL journal entry(ies) are sourced and that produces CFO Cash Activity and Balance Reports.
- Reconcile monthly patient cash and third-party payments to EPIC accounts receivable payments posted by the CSHC’s billing agent to ensure proper AR balances.
- Prepare daily cash and check bank deposit with supporting reconciled daily reports for review by Controller and make (or arrange for) deposit at the bank before each day’s closing time. Return with deposit slip and compile packages in a manner appropriate for future documentation and records retention.
General Ledger Maintenance
- Assist with review of AP posting batches to ensure proper GL account(s) and cost centers are utilized for document for each entity.
- Reconcile bank account activity to bank statements on a monthly basis.
- Maintain Balance Sheet Account work papers monthly to ensure the balances tie to the general ledger and that the balances contain appropriate, known and documented items. Reconcile and explain variance(s), as appropriate. Monitor account work papers monthly for release of amounts in such accounts, as is appropriate for operations.
- Provide financial-related assistance services and GL support to various department and grant managers on monthly (and annual) financial statements.
- Maintain Solomon Fixed Assets (Plumbline) by updating system for asset additions and run monthly depreciation reports for GL entry. Produce other Fixed Asset reports as needed for budgeting and forecasting.
- Assist with monthly accruals for preparation of financial statements and preparation of financial reports to the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Review building operations related invoices to ensure CSHC/Condominium Trust and CSHEC invoices are properly coded for payment directly by the entity by or through posting to the Due To/ From account(s).
- Analyze Due To/From account activity on CSHC/CSHEC/Condo Trust records to ensure proper accounting into the appropriate entity and ensure matching intercompany balances.
- Complete monthly the allocation spreadsheet to execute the Shared Services Agreement between a third party and CSHC Prepare GL entries to support monthly Condo Fee computations and reconciliations and other activity and track Due To/From balances from Condo Trust unit owners.
- Prepare banking, management fee and other miscellaneous journal entries and work papers to support entity balances.
- Assist with the compilation of the annual operating and capital budgets for all three entities.
- Assist and support Controller in compilation of materials for internal and external audits and related reporting including tax filings and payer reports.
- Provide analysis for various projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with 5 + yrs. experience in Health Care accounting and light exposure to budgeting.
- Excellent in analytical skills and attention to details a must.
- Knowledge of MS Office with significant skills in Excel, Dynamic SL GL Package and Management Reporter. Knowledge of OfficeMate a plus.
- Knowledge of ADP WFN payroll & ADP Enhanced Time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter directly to email@example.com describing their qualifications, interests, AND ability to meet the responsibilities. Be sure to put “Sr. Accountant” in the subject line and review the website, www.codman.org, before applying. No phone calls please.
We represent an equal opportunity employer and seek qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, marital status, or sexual orientation. Codman serves a diverse population. Applicants who have a multicultural background and/or bilingual are encouraged to apply. CSHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V encouraged to apply
# # #