Established in 1934, Wediko Children’s Services (Wediko) works with students who have faced repeated obstacles in their lives due to a broad spectrum of social, emotional, behavioral, and learning challenges such as depression, bipolar disorders, Asperger’s Syndrome, anxiety, loss and trauma. Wediko’s comprehensive services, spanning four distinct programs, comprise a continuum of care tailored to helping children build skills, develop mastery, and make positive connections for happier and healthier lives. Based in Boston and with program sites and offices in New Hampshire and New York City, Wediko is home to passionate and dedicated child development professionals, including clinical psychologists, social workers, neuropsychologists, counselors, et al.
The Executive Director (ED) reports to the Board of Trustees, functions as an ex-officio member of the Board and has overall strategic and operational responsibility for Wediko’s staff, clinical and educational programs, operations, and execution of its mission. Overseeing a dynamic team of senior level program and financial executives, the ED ensures that Wediko’s fundraising, fiscal, operations, marketing, human resources, technology, and programmatic strategies are effectively implemented and communicated across all segments of the organization.
Strategic Vision and Leadership
- Collaborate with the Board and staff to update the strategic plan while ensuring that the budget, staff, and priorities are aligned with Wediko’s core mission.
- Provide inspirational leadership to all staff and ensure the development and management of a professional and efficient
- Establish effective and inclusive decision-making processes to enable Wediko to achieve the long- and short-term goals and objectives outlined in the strategic plan.
- Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board of Trustees and ensure open communication about measurement of financial, programmatic, and impact performance against stated milestones and
Fund Development and Public Relations
- Serve as external face of Wediko and be proactive in promoting Wediko’s mission, values, and services in public
- Work with the Development Director to ensure a flow of funds that permits Wediko to make continuous progress towards achievement of its
- Formulate and execute comprehensive marketing, branding, and development strategies; communicate these goals throughout the organization to enhance revenue from major donors, foundations, government agencies, and
Strengthen Infrastructure and Operations
- Facilitate cross-departmental collaboration and strengthen internal communications with staff at all program sites; create and promote a positive, multicultural work environment to support consistency in Wediko’s strategic and operational plans and data collection.
- Communicate regularly with program staff to ensure programmatic excellence and evaluation, fundraising, communications, and systems; develop timelines and resources needed to achieve strategic
- Ensure delivery of high quality services while managing current and future
- Support and motivate the Wediko staff.
- Work closely with CFO to oversee financial status and priorities of Wediko to ensure that sound financial controls are in
- Increase efficiencies and consistency throughout the organization by developing and implementing standardized administrative and support systems.
The successful finalist will have most if not all of the following qualifications.
- S/he will be familiar with northeast funding agency contracts and be a strong, collaborative, inclusive, and compassionate leader. S/he will demonstrate passion for Wediko’s mission, values, and services, and have prior experience working in an organization that serves diverse and vulnerable populations, ideally children and families.
- At least 10 years of executive nonprofit management experience; track record of success in a multi-site, outcomes-based organization of comparable complexity.
- Significant board development, fundraising, marketing/branding
- Strong commitment to professional development of staff with a successful track record of recruiting and retaining a diverse team; ability to manage and communicate with staff who are geographically dispersed.
- An advanced degree in social or behavioral science, management, or related fields is required.
- Financial savvy and ability to set priorities, delegate, and guide investment in
- Analytic and problem solving skills that support sound decision
- Excellent coalition-building skills; ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders; a persuasive negotiator able to achieve consensus amongst differing
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills with experience and proclivity to be an outgoing spokesperson, relationship builder, and fundraiser
- Ability and availability to travel up to 50 percent of time with own reliable transportation
- An optimistic outlook with a sense of humor, integrity, and patience
- Ability to navigate the three Wediko locations including the rugged terrain at the New Hampshire campus, climb stairs and sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to be on call for evening and weekend events and/or program issues.
- Proficiency with word processing, internet, and social
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should review the website, www.wediko.org, before applying. Applicants should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Put Wediko in the subject line and tell us how you learned of this opportunity. Wediko is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work expected for this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.