Meet Decision-Makers Looking for Nonprofit Board Members!(Waltham)
sponsored by the Nonprofit Board Committee
Are you interested in joining a nonprofit board? Wondering how to find the opportunity that both fulfills your passion and fits your lifestyle?
Join us for an opportunity to learn more about nonprofit board service and how to find the board position that fits your passion, skills and other commitments. This event features a panel of nonprofit executives and board members discussing various aspects and commitment levels of board service. The panel discussion will be followed by an opportunity to hear a diverse group of additional nonprofits actively searching for board members describe their missions and the opportunities for you to contribute to their organizations.
Key discussion points:
• Characteristics that nonprofits are looking for today in a Board Member
• An understanding of the various roles and duties of a Board Member and how the size and stage of the nonprofit can make a difference
• Other roles you can play to benefit a nonprofit organization, including advisory boards or subcommittees
• Key questions to ask an organization during your search
Following the panel discussion, you will have the opportunity to meet and network with attending nonprofit representatives and panelists: discuss your background, the specifics of the open positions and ask follow-up questions.
Alicia Adamson, Director of Philanthropy and External Affairs, Boston Debate League
Joan Cirillo, President & CEO, Operation A.B.L.E.
Wendy Foster, President & CEO, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Massachusetts Bay
Patricia Parcellin, CEO, Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts
Juliette C. Mayers, President & CEO, Inspiration Zone LLC
Reg and School St Members: No charge
Associate Members: $50
* PLEASE NOTE: Reservations are required for all events. No-shows and walk-ins will be billed at the rate established for the event. The no-show charge for Members is $50.00. For this event, reservations and cancellations will be accepted until5pm, Monday, October 2, 2017